Wear resistant coating offers corrosion protection on metals
Nedox® Basic electroless nickel is a high quality electroless nickel process worthy of the Magnaplate name, which delivers superior performance compared to other electroless nickel processes.
Our Nedox Basic electroless nickel coating offers many distinct advantages when plating irregularly-shaped objects, holes, recesses, internal surfaces, valves or threaded parts. This coating features uniform deposit thickness and ductility relative to pure metals, and its high surface hardness and reliable corrosion-resistance makes it ideal for industrial applications.
Instead of electrolytic energy, our Nedox Basic electroless nickel process relies on an autocatalytic reaction to create the plating by depositing nickel. As plated, Nedox Basic's magnetic properties can range from magnetic to non-magnetic depending on the phosphorous content.
- Operating temperatures from -250 to 1000°F.
- Surface hardnesses up to Rc 63 (940 Vickers).
- Coating thicknesses from 0.0002 to 0.002 inches.
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion: 7.22 x 106 in/in/1°F (13 x 106 in/in/1°C).
- Low thermal conductivity: 0.0105 to 0.0135 Cal-cm/sec/°C.
- Excellent corrosion resistance can meet or exceed 1000 hours of salt spray resistance.
- Superior quality and process control (ISO 9001:2015/AS9100:D).
- Compliance with industry standards such as:
- ASTM B117, ASTM B656 and ASTM B733
- MIL-C-26074 Class 1-4 and AMS 2404
Types of Electroless Nickel
- Medium phosphorous (5-9%).
- High phosphorous (10-14%).
- Stainless Steel