This document describes the Supplier requirements necessary to satisfy AS9100. These terms and conditions apply to all suppliers of critical processes, products and services determined by General Magnaplate that directly affect the quality of products we supply to our customers.
By accepting this purchase order, it is understood that your organization confirms the purchase order’s accuracy and agrees to meet all listed requirements.
- General Magnaplate reserves the right of final approval of processes, products, services, equipment and methods.
- When performing less than 100% inspection, sampling procedures shall be based upon a plan approved by General Magnaplate Quality Assurance Team unless otherwise specified by customer requirements and notated on the purchase order.
- Supplier is responsible for proper packaging and delivery (when applicable) to ensure product is free of damage or defects. Materials rejected for such discrepancies will be returned at the cost of the Supplier.
- Supplier shall furnish material certificates, certificates of conformity, and/or supporting documentation.
Supplier Qualification Requirements
- General Magnaplate is a Metal Finishing/Coating provider of surface treatments for metals and other substrates. It is imperative that the process, products and services rendered meet the highest standard for quality and integrity as they are relied upon by some end users in situations where product failure can result in death or critical bodily injury. All purchases made by General Magnaplate required by this purchase order should be performed by qualified personnel.
- Suppliers of certified buy items shall be designated as distributors or authorized by the OEM to sell and distribute such products.
- Counterfeit items are not allowed and traceability from creation to disposal is required..
- All contractors that provide goods and/or services in connection with U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) programs are required by law to comply with Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) 252.204-7012, which mandates the protection of all Covered Defense Information (CDI) that are “collected, developed, received, transmitted, used, or stored by or on behalf of the contractor in support of the performance” of a DOD contract that contains such clause.
- All contractors that provide goods and/or services in connection with U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) programs are required to comply with NIST SP 800.171 Security Controls that protect ourselves and our customers from unintended access to proprietary and Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) while also informing of unauthorized access accordingly.
- Suppliers providing calibration services must be certified to ISO 17025 or applicable.
- Calibration certificates must identify standards used and traceable to NIST (National Institute of Standards Technology).
- Supplier is preferred to maintain an accredited Quality Management System (QMS) that provides a means of ensuring that products conform to specified requirements. However, General Magnaplate reserves the right to review, approve and add Suppliers to the Approved Supplier List (ASL).
- With the exception to customer-designated providers, Suppliers without an accredited QMS are required to execute General Magnaplate’s QF-33 Supplier Evaluation Form or provide a standard response form demonstrating compliance with all applicable requirements.
- When deemed necessary, General Magnaplate Quality Assurance Team will conduct an on-site audit to ensure proper compliance.
- Supplier shall inform General Magnaplate of changes to its certification, registration and accreditation status and any other changes that may affect quality such as a change of ownership.
- Customer designated providers must operate in accordance with approved specifications and standards as dictated and controlled by the customer in question.
- General Magnaplate will monitor Supplier performance based on quality of products and on time delivery and feedback will be provided yearly in the form of a score card.
- Failure to maintain a satisfactory or better performance score, a QMS, demonstrate compliance with applicable requirements, on time delivery and/or repeatedly fails to respond to nonconformance issues, Supplier may be set to INACTIVE status on the Approved Supplier List (ASL) resulting in no new orders.
- Suppliers set to INACTIVE status on the ASL are subject to re-submit a QF-33 Supplier Evaluation Form, standard response form or a valid QMS certification for re-evaluation requesting approval status change to ACTIVE.
- When deemed necessary, General Magnaplate Quality Assurance Team will conduct an on-site audit as part of the re-evaluation process when status change on ASL is requested.
Supplier Communication Requirements
- If pricing reflected on purchase order is not accepted by Supplier, a revised purchase order must be requested from Purchasing Agent and received by Supplier prior to processing order.
- General Magnaplate is not responsible for charges which exceed purchase order dollar amount.
- If due date reflected on purchase order is not acceptable to Supplier, a revised purchase order must be requested from Purchasing Agent and received by Supplier prior to processing order.
- Immediate notification from Supplier is required if agreed upon delivery date is not practical or possible to adhere to. General Magnaplate will evaluate circumstance as to whether an allowable extension of time is acceptable.
- Supplier is required to notify General Magnaplate in cases of nonconforming product, including arrangements for General Magnaplate approval of Supplier nonconforming material.
- Product(s) dispositioned as nonconforming must be identified with a discrepant part tag or other means of identification.
- General Magnaplate may require a Corrective Action Report from its suppliers when nonconforming material/product/service is discovered.
- Supplier shall notify General Magnaplate of changes to processes, products or services, including changes of manufacturing location and when required obtain General Magnaplate’s approval as purchase order might have been issued to a customer-designated or approved external provider.
- Supplier shall flow down to sub-tier suppliers the applicable requirements in the purchasing documents, including key characteristics.
Additional Supplier Requirements
- Quality records resulting from the processing of this purchase order shall be retained for a minimum of ten (10) years after completion of General Magnaplate customer’s contract, or as otherwise required by that customer.
- General Magnaplate, its customers and/or any regulatory agencies shall have right of entry into the supplier’s facility or that of their subcontractors, suppliers and/or business partners. Access will be provided to quality system documentation, quality records as well as the ability to conduct audits for verify processes, products and services.
- Suppliers are to ensure all parties involved with this purchase order are aware of:
- Their contribution to product and service conformity.
- Their contribution to product safety.
- The importance of ethical behavior.